For the Paulinists among you, here is a quiz testing your knowledge of Paul’s letters. There are ten questions, see how well you do!
1. Complete this phrase, “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, ‘Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree’— so that …”
a. we might walk in the newness of life, not by the letter, but by the Spirit.
b. in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles.
c. God might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
d. every mouth would be silenced and God would be all in all.
Answer: Gal 3:14
2. What is the one thing that Paul says that he teaches in all the churches?
a. Righteousness by faith.
b. Women must cover their heads.
c. My way of life in Christ Jesus .
d. Our obedience to Jesus Christ.
Answer: 1 Cor 4:17
3. What is the first thing imputed/credited to Gentile believers Romans?
c. Jesus’ obedience.
Answer: Rom 2:26
4. Complete this phrase, “For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law. Or …”
a. is God the justifier of the godly only ? No, but of the ungodly too!
b. is God the God of Jews only?
c. does the law with its decrees and obligation still hold us in its power?
d. is God not the Father of Abraham, who was righteous by his faith, trusting in God to bring life to Sarah’s dead womb.
5. In whose house did the believers of Laodicea meet in?
Anwer: Col 4:15
6. To whom did Paul dictate Romans?
Answer: Rom 16:22
7. What manuscript contains the oldest collection of Paul’s Letters?
a. Codex Sinaiticus.
b. Codex Alexandrinus.
d. P. Eg. 2.
8. How many times does the word Theos approximately occur in Romans?
Answer: Leon Morris, Romans, p. 20.
9. What Old Testament book does Paul quote from more than any other?
10. According to the Muratorian Canon, which two letters are forged in Paul’s name?
a. A third letter to the Corinthians and a letter to the Emperor Nero.
b. A letter to the Laodiceans and to the Alexandrians.
c. A letter to Bernice and to Thecla.
d. A letter to the king of Adiabene and to the Laodiceans.
Answer: Here (# 39).