The FaithWalker’s Daily is a quick review of key news stories of the day from the perspective of a conservative Christ-follower living in, but not of, the world.
Petraeus Scandal Worsens as Questions Arise about Who Knew and When
The FBI investigation into the David Petraeus affair and possible security violations widens to include more military figures as questions rise about why FBI stayed silent for four days until after the election.
- Conspiracy theorists (and they may be right) are asking why the info was withheld from President Obama until after the election.
- The number of people affected is growing as the NATOand US commander in Afghanistan is now included though he denies any affair.
- Attorney General Eric Holder knew about the investigation months ago according to Fox News.
A Few Thoughts…
Even though I am concerned that people may have manipulated the truth for political gain, the whole thing leaves me saddened by the fact that real people, marriages, and our country’s honor is being damaged in the process. Sin does yucky stuff, often in ways no one can anticipate. “Be sure your sin will find you out” should be a Biblical warning to everyone of us to check our own hearts before casting the next stone.
Sin always costs more than advertised.
Protests and Calls for Secession Rise after US Presidential Election
Citizens of several states have begun petitioning the White House to request that their state be allowed to peacefully secede from the Union. Some veterans are protesting by flying the flag upside down.
- Texas citizens manage 25,000 signatures to force White House to respond to their request to secede (via the Houston Chronicle).
- Veterans in Pittsburgh fly the flag upside down in protest via CBS Pittsburgh.
- Others say demographics put Texas in play for Democrats in coming years.
A Few Thoughts…Compared to the threats of widespread riots should Obama lose, these protests are hardly worth noticing although they do make for good headlines. The biblical response to the Presidential election is not to protest his legitimate authority, but to submit out of fear of God. Unless our rulers compel us to sin, we must submit — and pray for them, even if we think their policies destructive to many. Besides, the last time secession was tried, it didn’t end well. I don’t see that changing now.
If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.
UPS Cuts Donations to Boy Scouts for Refusal to Accept Homosexuals in Leadership
UPS adopted a new donor policy that will exclude the Boy Scouts of America from receiving the $150,ooo donated by the company two years ago.
- The Huffington Post story here.
- Boy Scouts chief executive says, “”We fully understand that no single policy will accommodate the many diverse views among our membership or society.”
- The BSA official statement here.
A Few Thoughts…
The BSA are exactly correct that there are many diverse views in a supposedly tolerant society. The insistence of pressure from homosexual groups reveals yet again that their agenda is not tolerance but forced acceptance. For Christ-followers, there can be no compromise on issues the Bible clearly forbids anymore than we would be OK with the BSA being forced to train boys to steal cars more effectively. The boy scouts are simply asking to be left alone. Let UPS give their money elsewhere. Tolerance is aone-way street for many on the left.