At this blog, you are welcome to post Comments. But please note that I only read them when time allows, and I only post selected comments. So think of your comment as a personal email to me… keeping in mind that I reserve the right to share it.
Which Comments will I post?
If I select your Comment for sharing, it is probably because it answers “Yes” to these questions:
1) Is it about the subject at hand?
2) Does it convey a spirit of grace and respect?
3) Is it constructive?
3) Does it qualify as a question or a comment instead of a lecture, a rant, an essay, or a manifesto?
When will I post them?
Comments are held in a “moderation bin” until I’ve had time to “check the mail” and then decided what to do. Days may pass before comments appear.
Three more things to note:
1) I reserve the right to highlight your comment — including your name — in a future blog post… unless you specifically request otherwise.
2) I reserve the right not only to delete offensive comments, but to ban comment-posters who threaten civil discourse, in order to cultivate a welcoming, neighborly Looking Closer community.
3) Nothing I have said here so far suggests that I will discourage debate or delete contrary viewpoints. Debate is wonderful. Disrespectful debate is not.