Here’s what’s acceptable…
- Well-stated, articulate, original opinions. I don’t care if you agree or disagree with my positions, posts or other comments. It is perfectly okay for you to call it how you see it.
- Alternative viewpoints. If you can provide some added perspective, by all means, do so.
- Strong language. Use the words you need to use to get your point across. Just make sure there’s a reason for it.
This is where I draw the line…
- Personal attacks.
- Narcissists. If you feel like you always have to get the last word, you might have a problem.
- Unnecessarily inflammatory language. Make sure it serves a purpose.
- Trolls. You know who you are.
- Haters. Find a new hobby. Maybe woodworking or something.
- Any other kind of abusive behavior I haven’t mentioned.
- Irrelevant, redundant, or otherwise unhelpful comments.
Your comment will probably be deleted if you use one of these arguments…
- “We have different personalities, so we worship differently.”
- “It’s just a matter of taste, preference, musical language, etc.”
- “You’re just trying to make everyone worship like you.”
- “God doesn’t care how we worship.”
- “Satan rejoices/God weeps when we have these kinds of discussions.”
Keep in mind that this is my blog. I am under no obligation to apply the rules equally and fairly, so please don’t appeal to the above guidelines, compare yours to other similar comments, or repeatedly post the same thing in an attempt to get me to post your comment. I will not respond to you about why I deleted your comment. I will not email you. I will not call you. I will not text you. I will not clarify. I find it odd that anyone would actually think it’s their place to ask.
I do sometimes respond to comments, but due to the large volume of comments I get, I cannot respond to all of them. Feel free to ask, but keep in mind you may not get a personal response. As much as I like interacting on this topic, most of my mental energy is used up on the posts, and I’m just not going to ignore my job, classes, favorite baseball team, or cute little family in order to spend more time here.