This will surely be relevant to some readers:
In its efforts to promote education, Gorgias Press offers annually the Gorgias Book Grant. This program offers outstanding graduate students grants in the form of Gorgias Press publications. Grants consist of books in the value of $500.00 per grant. Each year, two such grants are distributed.
2010 Grant Field: Any field within the scope of Gorgias Publications
Application Deadline: January 31, 2010
* 1. Candidate must be enrolled in a graduate program (Master’s or Ph.D.) in an accredited university or an institution of learning in the field of the grant.
* 2. Candidate must have the equivalent of a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Send by mail the following items to: Gorgias Press LLC, Book Grants Program, 180 Centennial Ave, Suite 3, Piscataway, NJ 08854. (All documents, apart from official transcripts, must be in English. Part 1 and 2 of the application can be emailed to Christine Kiraz, Christine@gorgiaspress.com)
* 2. A two-page thesis description, or a one-page description of course work in the case of course-based programs.
* 3. Official university transcripts of the previous 2 years. If this is not possible please contacts us to make alternative arrangements to satisfy this requirement.
* 4. Two letters of recommendations from professors familiar with your work (one must be your current supervisor).
See http://www.gorgiaspress.com/bookshop/t-grants.aspx for more information.