Now that Labor Day has passed here in the United States, it finally feels like fall. Schools are back in session, sweaters and boots have appeared in the stores, and the sun is rising just a bit later each morning. The season of apple pickings and bonfires is upon us, and it has always been my favorite time of year.
There’s already a lot of magic in this season (Halloween, anyone?), but here are some simple ways you can infuse a bit more sparkle into your fall.
- Bake. Whether it’s an apple pie or a loaf of bread, this is a great time of year to let your kitchen witchery shine. For extra zing, add cinnamon to your recipe; this is a magical magnifier, and even a little bit goes a long way.
- Give your home a good cleaning. Wash the windows, scrub the tub, and rake the leaves. Spring isn’t the only time perfect for a massive cleaning endeavor. I make my own cleaner with baking soda, peroxide, and lemon juice, and I love the way it smells like bottled sunshine.
- Take long walks. Crunch through the leaves, admire the trees, and breath in the fresh air. Walking is a great way to connect to your neighborhood and cultivate mindfulness.
- Start a gratitude journal. We all get thankful at Thanksgiving, but why not start now? In a beautiful journal, list three things you are thankful for each night before you go to bed. The challenge: don’t repeat from day to day!
- Spend time with people. Friends, family, neighbors; you name it and fall is a great excuse for a gathering. Add extra magic by gathering for a fire, and remember to drop a marshmallow in as an offering.
What will you do to make this season magical?