A New Moon, or Dark Moon, since you actually won’t see any moon, occurs once a month. The New Moon is the darkest phase of the Moon, but it also marks the beginning of the two-week time frame when the Moon moves away from the Sun and increases in light, which it a great time to begin new projects, new love, new careers or anything else new you want to do (or are afraid to do)! This New Moon begins on the 10th at 5:35 EST.
Being that this New Moon is in the sign of confident and powerful Aries, this moon makes it a wonderful time to begin a new career, project or love interest. This moon is good for working on releasing past issues, allowing them to bubble over and letting go. Feel and then release. Think of it from an exercise standpoint. You must first warm up or you may get hurt during the most intense routine. If you don’t allow the cool down, the same can occur. And if you are just going through the warm up and not allowing the actual work out to happen, you don’t get results. Don’t allow yourself to get caught up in the cycle of what isn’t good for you and allowing the past to consume you.
What you may see during the next few days of this New Moon:
- A feeling of anger.
- A new-found confidence.
- More intense weather patterns.
- A feeling that you need to get moving in your life.
- Some anxiety and impatience over where you are and where you want to be.
- More spirit/ghost sightings.
- People acting more assertive (traffic, lines, at work, etc).
- Pets acting out of sorts.
NEW MOON WISHES:
- Each month on the new moon write up a list of 10 wishes. It can be anything from romance to finances and anything in between.
- Don’t write more than 10 wishes AND handwrite (don’t type, it makes it more personable.
- Try to make your wish list within the first eight hours of the new moon, and not when the moon is void because your wishes become null and void.
- If you miss the first eight hours, you can still make your wish list within the first 48 hours of the new moon.
NEW MOON ABUNDANCE:
Writing an Abundance Check is an exercise you can use to create more abundance in your life and the check is to be written within 24 hours of each New Moon.
- On your check where it says “Pay to,” write your name.
- On the same line where you would fill in a dollar amount write “Paid in full.”
- On the next line where you would write out a dollar amount, write “Paid in full.” [Some say it works better if you don’t add the squiggly line.]
- On the signature line, sign your check: “The Law of Abundance”
- If you don’t have checks, or don’t; want to waste one, you can simply create a handwritten one.
- It is not necessary to put a date on the check (although I do). DO NOT write a specific dollar amount on the check. Then put the check away in a safe place and forget about it. You might even want to burn it on the Full Moon (I will get to that on the next Full Moon).
- Allow the Universe to take over from there. Yep, that silly control thing. Let it go!
NOTE: The moon is void after 12:20 p.m. EST on April 10th until 11:25 p.m. EST and therefore your wishes will be VOID too, so this must be done before 12:20 p.m. EST. The moon transitions into TAURUS this evening and after 11:25 p.m. EST you can complete the exercises then, but it will not be as powerful.
If you want more information on New Moon Astrology, check out Jan Spiller’s book New Moon Astrology: The Secret of Astrological Timing to Make All Your Dreams Come True. She offers a wealth of information!