Fellow theology nerd and UberBlogger David Withun has created a list of 15 books that he claims that is you read them all (and process all the ideas) you will no longer be able to remain an Atheist.
I have read 1, 3, 6, 7, 13, and 15 ALL of which are fantastic… I can’t say how great (or not so great) any of the others are, but I thought this was an interesting list.
What do you all think about this list.
- What would you add?
- What would you subtract?
Check out David’s Blog : http://www.piousfabrications.com/
- Crime and Punishment – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Atheist Delusions: The Christian Revolution and Its Fashionable Enemies – David Bentley Hart
- The Gifts of the Jews: How a Tribe of Desert Nomads Changed the Way Everyone Thinks and Feels – Thomas Cahill
- Mysteries of the Middle Ages: The Rise of Feminism, Science, and Art from the Cults of Catholic Europe – Thomas Cahill
- The Jews: Their Role in Civilization – Louis Finkelstein
- Tao Te Ching – Lao Tzu
- Christ the Eternal Tao – Hieromonk Damascene
- The Story of Christianity: An Illustrated History of 2000 Years of the Christian Faith – David Bentley Hart
- Desire of the Everlasting Hills: The World Before and After Jesus – Thomas Cahill
- The Mountain of Silence: A Search for Orthodox Spirituality – Kyriacos C. Markides
- The Twilight of the Idols and The Anti-Christ: or How to Philosophize with a Hammer – Friedrich Nietzsche
- The Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church – Vladimir Lossky
- The Brothers Karamazov – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- God Is Not One: The Eight Rival Religions That Run the World–and Why Their Differences Matter – Stephen Prothero
- The Orthodox Study Bible: Ancient Christianity Speaks to Today’s World