We have been looking at the following scripture up close and personal.
Isaiah 26: 3, “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trust in you!!
Last week we got up to “him whose mind is steadfast. This week we are starting with:
“Because he trusts in you”….. the Hebrew word trust is batach, to attach oneself. To confide in, feel safe, be confident, secure. Picture a baby with her mom or dad, don’t we want to trust God like that child who is utterly dependent.
- Let’s pray for a deeper trust to have an open mind so God can work in our lives. His plan for us is not to harm us but to prosper us!! Jeremiah 29:11…
- Invite Him once again to be the watchman over your mind.
Now let’s look at this word out of 2 Corinthians 10:5
“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
- Divine power to demolish strongholds!! The word for demolish in Hebrew implies a kind of destruction requiring tremendous power—divine power. You might think of it this way: A stronghold is anything we hold onto that ends up holding us.
- Much of the reason believers end up in a yoke of slavery is because we swat at our own strongholds like they are gnats. Strongholds are like concrete fortresses we’ve constructed around our lives block by block, ordinarily over the course of years. We created them, whether or not we were aware, for protection and comfort. Inevitably these fortresses become prisons. At some point we realize we no longer control them but they control us..
When did you last break a stronghold in your own strength and end up feeling powerless and totally defeated? Do you see any patterns?
- Human effort is useless in demolishing strongholds. No amount of discipline or determination will do it. Satanic strongholds require divine demolition. Discipline and determination often help in opening your life to the supernatural power of God, but only he can provide the divine dynamite.
- Interesting point I have seen is that Satan’s power comes from his power to bluff. Once we learn the truth and how to use it, he loses his hold.
Think about a stronghold you have experienced my friend. What part did insecurity play in it?
Insecurity played a major part in the strongholds the enemy built in my life. An important part of learning for me to live in victory has been discerning the heart rumblings of insecurity.
- My stronghold of weight story is included in this podcast that I have been sharing each week.
- To be filled with Him works its way to our whole being, spirit, soul and body. We are trying to fill that hole in our soul with food. And it has created an endless cycle of defeat in our lives.
- Our greatest inmost desire is for the love of God, even though we don’t realize it most of the time. The Hand of God carves out places in us only He can fill. Oh what a day of rejoicing when we really get this. He can fill us up when food cannot!! He wants to flood your life with His unfailing love.
I had to learn to pour out my heart to God and acknowledge every hollow place. I had to surrender my eating habits to Him every day
“When you make a daily practice of inviting His love to fill your hollow places and make sure you are not hindering the process, God will begin to satisfy you more than a double cheeseburger.” …Halleluiah!!