Have you ever met someone and thought, “Wow! Did she get hit with the talent stick!” Ha! That is pretty much what ran through my head as I sat in the audience listening to Chrystal for the first time last year at a Sally Clarkson event. I hadn’t heard of Chrystal or her podcast before that weekend. We ended up connecting over conversations of podcasting and Periscope. Funny how when you find someone who speaks your same crazy “tech” language you become instant friends.
Well, I’m all too familiar with Chrystal and her ministry now! I have listened to numerous podcasts, watched videos of her speaking, and read her articles on her blog. She is an incredibly talented and gifted orator just like her dad…well, like everyone in her family. That saying the “apple doesn’t fall far from the tree” is very true for her!
When I listen to Chrystal’s podcast I’m completely drawn in. You feel like you are practically sitting across the table from her enjoying a nice cup of coffee. I can’t wait for you to glean from her in this podcast! You are about to see exactly what I mean.
On a “Simply” & “Joyful” side note…
Chrystal is going to blow your mind when you hear her talk about how she simplifies her busy life. She has some incredible systems in place to create balance for her ministry and for her family. You are going to love it!
In This Episode…
In this episode, Chrystal shares about her life and her book Kingdom Women. She also gives us a little “sneak peek” into her new book She’s Still There. Chrystal is so inspirational. I know you will just love this episode.
Highlights from This Show…
- Here’s a link to Chrystal’s book Kingdom Women. This book is so encouraging. I hope you’ll check it out. There is also a Bible study for it.
- Chrystal reminds us of the importance of asking for help. This is actually one of my “sanity saver” tips in mySanity Savers for Moms
- She refers to the story of Jessica McClure.
- We talked about Chrystal’s new book, She’s Still There. It won’t be available until summer. Be sure to connect with Chrystal so you will know when the book releases. It sounds incredible.
- Chrystal shared about her awesome podcast on how she organizes her life and creates balance. Here’s a LINK to that podcast.
- Block scheduling is Chrystal’s time management hack.
- We all do things differently. We need to simplify for the season we are in.
- Chrystal’s favorite worship music: Travis Greene! (not “Green”…wrong guy)
- Kristi’s favorite “whole album” worship purchase: Phil Wickham’s Sing Along albums!
- “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” by Rend Collective has been such an encouragement to me and I feel so honored that I was given permission to use this song in my podcast.
- Be sure to grab your FREE copy of my book, Sanity Savers for Moms, by joining our Simply Joyful community. It’s a great way to keep in touch…and get subscriber only freebies like my book. Click HERE to get the book and join!
Words to Remember…
Chrystal is highly quotable! I’d love to hear from you in the comments about what things she said that stood out to you! Here are a few of my favorites:
“We don’t have to have it all together. We have to make peace with not having it all together.” — Chrystal Hurst
“Keep aiming for God and let Him work out in you what He needs to work out, so that you can be who He wants you to be and do what He wants you to do with the life that you’ve been given to live.” — Chrystal Hurst
“We need to partner with God. While we trust Him to dig us out with the truth of His Word, we have to get the shovel and participate in doing the job.” — Chrystal Hurst
“When we mess up, we have to trust that God is big enough to forgive, redirect, & have a Plan B” – Chrystal Hurst
“Multitasking is a Myth!” – Chrystal Hurst
(This podcast is by Kristi Clover. Discovered by e2 media network and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not e2 media network, and audio is streamed directly from their servers.)