Heavy metal, flames, skulls, wings, free weed and beer… sounds like church to me!
Seriously! To tell us all the details of this amazing ministry is Brian Smith, Senior Pastor of the First Heavy Metal Church of Christ.
To put it in a nutshell, FHMCC is a non-denomination, Bible-based Church in a comfortable atmosphere with great music! They are a group of people from all walks of life and age groups. It doesn’t matter what you wear, they just want you there!
The Church has no racial, ethnic or social status barriers and they could care less about your past or present life. Brian and his church only care about your FUTURE life in Christ!
Most people want God in their lives, but think they must clean up first before coming to Christ… You don’t clean up before you jump in the shower, do you? God wants you EXACTLY the way you are at this very moment. As long as you actively seek God, He will actively seek you, and the Holy Spirit will gently clean you up along the way.
The First Heavy Metal Church of Christ is unlike any Church that you have ever attended, and THAT I can guarantee. Just walk on in, sit back and enjoy the ride.
Here are just a few of the topics Brian and I discuss this week:
- Saved young, baptized at 6, but not part of a church
- 12-years-old, went to church and was told he was going to burn in HELL
- Rededicated his life to Jesus and then told he needed to follow all the rules… so he walked away again
- 20’s-30’s just chasing everything the world offered
- Loved the Lord, but didn’t follow Him
- At his best, he knew he wasn’t following God and he decided to get back with God
- After rededicating his life, he started a bible study that grew and grew until they started a church.
- June 2011: Started the church. In six years, they have baptized 800 people and their videos have been viewed over 100,000 times worldwide.
- Brian went to see Marilyn Manson recently, and was offended by the Christians yelling at the concert goers, not the metal crowd or band.
- How do you reach those who might not want to be reached?
- To reach the lost you need to go where the lost are
- Your Most Influential Metal Bands: Iron Maiden, Ozzy, AC/DC, Judas Priest
- Best live band: Chris Cornell, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Robert Plant, Jethro Tull, Dennis DeYoung from Styx
- Been hurt by legal Christians
- True Christian go out and spread the word
- Reaching lost world through secular concerts
- Not looking to attract Christians but reach the lost
- Hate from other Christians & churches
- Favorite Bible story or verse
- The life of David – messing up big but loved God and repented
- Romans 10
- John 3:16
This is just part of Brian’s story. You’ve got to hear what God has done throughout his life to mold him into the man he is today. As Brian says, “No matter how you worship… ROCK ON!”
For more information about Brian’s amazing ministry, check out HeavyMetalChurch.com!