Today I want to highlight a great blog that is really doing some awesome things on the web. Money Crashers is a personal finance blog that creates top notch financial articles to help people of all ages understand their finances better. Their mission is: to develop a community of people who are trying to make financially sound decisions. What’s really impressed me most about the site is their 11 core principles of what makes a Money Crasher.
The 11 Indispensable Principles of a Money Crasher
- Always spend less than you make.
- Do not believe in money myths.
- Get out of debt and stay out of debt.
- Save money for the unexpected.
- Student loans are not the only answer. Be resourceful and open-minded.
- Find creative ways to boost your income.
- Invest for the long-term and keep it simple.
- Educate yourself about real estate, cars, and financial products.
- Avoid scams and financial predators.
- If you have a spouse or partner, this person is on your team!
- If you achieve financial success, give back. It helps others and feels great.
Top Personal Finance Blogs
Another awesome feature of the Money Crashers blog is the Top Personal Finance Blogs list. Here you can search for finance blogs of all flavors including categories like Personal Finance, Frugality, Christian Finance, Investment, Banking, and Deals and Coupons.
I’m proud to say that Faith and Finance is a part of this list and is slowly (but surely) moving up in rank (currently 288). Each blog is ranked by certain criteria and you can show your ranking through the Money Crasher badge – which is at the bottom of this page.
If you’re on Twitter, be sure to follow @MoneyCrashers and join the Tweet Chat on Fridays at 4EST. They always have a great conversation and even give away prizes!
If you ‘re looking for a few good articles, check out their latest here: