I’ve written before about our coupon strategy and how we save thousands of dollars with coupons each year. But there’s another way to save money that is actually a lot of fun and it doesn’t require much work on your part.
Companies still send coupons and free samples in the mail – yes, the old fashioned ‘snail’ mail. All you have to do is request for them to send you the samples or coupons and they’ll mail it out to you.
Now here’s the catch (you knew there was a catch, didn’t you)…most of these places will send you free coupons and samples, but you have to provide your email to them. That’s why I recommend creating a separate email like “yournamecoupons”@gmail.com and using that to sign up for these deals.
How to Get Free Coupons in the Mail
There are two ways to get companies to send coupons to you in the mail. The first is a little old fashioned and will cost you a stamp an envelope and a pen and paper. Yes, writing a short note to a company will usually results in a few coupons and even a sample or two, but it’s not the most cost-effective way to get coupons.
A much better way to get free coupons from manufacturers is to visit their promotions page on their corporate website. It usually requires you to put in your email and address, plus it’s much quicker than writing out a letter.
Below is a list of places that will mail out coupons – but first a note on getting free samples.
How to Get Free Samples in the Mail
Almost every free sample comes with a few coupons, which makes seeking out free samples an even better deal. A lot of companies will mail you free samples when you sign up for their newsletter. Procter & Gamble is famous for their P&G Brand Sampler, which includes over $20 of coupons and free samples of their top brands.
The next best way to get a free sample is to use social media pages like Facebook and twitter. It’s not uncommon to see brands giving away samples when you like a page or follow them, so if you’re OK with using your facebook page to get coupons and samples, there are plenty of places that will send you stuff!
10 Resources for Free Coupons and Samples
- P&G Brand Sampler With over $20 of coupons and free samples, the P&G Brand Sampler is a really great deal.
- P&G Home Made Simple Over $25 in savings for brands like Swiffer, Febreeze, and Cascade.
- Kraft First Taste Receive free coupons for the newest Kraft products mailed directly to you.
- Vocalpoint Coupons and samples from top brands like: Venus, Kelloggs, and PUR.
- Purex Laundry Detergent (Video plays automatically on site) Brand new samples of Purex Ultra Packs laundry detergent.
- SC Johnson Free coupons and samples for Scrubbing Bubbles, Pledge, Glade, Ziploc and more.
- Shout Free sample of Shout color catcher.
- Tide Laundry Detergent Sample Get the latest ‘Tide pods’ absolutely for free.
- Invisible Glass Free glass cleaning wipes, coupons, and rebate.
- Gerber Free coupons for baby food and samples for your baby.
If you do plan to email or write the company, be honest in your praise or complaint and share your suggestion or experience about the product. Companies love to hear about real user experiences and often send out free stuff just because you took the time to write or email them.
What are your thoughts on getting free samples? Do you like getting free things every now and then or do you consider it to be junk mail?