1. I would change the layout of the LDS scriptures to create paragraphs and sections that look like modern study Bibles.
2. I would make prophetic oracles and poetry appear differently from prose on the page. (I would strongly consider moving to a single column of text instead of two.)
3. I would adopt almost all of the appendices at the end of Hardy’s Reader’s Edition of the Book of Mormon as well as the notes for names for both the Bible and the Book of Mormon.
4. I would get rid of the Topic Guide.5. I would update the Bible Dictionary.
6. I would update the cover of the Book of Mormon missionary edition. It is inexpensive, but it looks cheap and dated.
7. I would get rid of the artwork at the beginning of the text.
8. I would update the biblical text to the NRSV and use notes at the bottom of the page to explain KJV overlap in the Book of Mormon, D&C, and others to clarify where our texts are citing the KJV.
9. I would get rid of the chapter headings and move to short introductory remarks at the beginning of each book or in significant transitions within books.
10. I would put a team of scholars with actual training in relevant fields in charge of this work and begin a 10-15 year cycle of revising and updating these texts.