Get updates from Catholic and Enjoying It! delivered straight to your inbox
Basketball diplomacy (evangelization) and Baseball diplomacy (evangelization) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/25/pope-francis-baseball_n_5882092.html – and he also talked with Raul Castro who is planning to return to church – “As I’ve already told my council of advisers, I read all of the Pope’s speeches,” he said. “If the Pope continues to speak like this, sooner or later I will start praying again and I will return to the Catholic Church — and I’m not saying this jokingly.”
Appearing in Rome alongside Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi following his first-ever meeting with the Pope, Castro said he would be among the throngs flocking to see the Pope speak during his September visit to Cuba.
“I promise that I will go to all of his Masses — and with satisfaction. I left the meeting this morning impressed, very impressed by his knowledge, his wisdom, modesty, and by all the virtues that we know he has,” Castro said.
A man of God, a man of play.
I a glad you brought this up, but am also a bit worried… Remember all those discussions about – what was his name – that gay rock star from the UK? Conservatives could see this as confirmation that Pope Francis is really a Marxist…
You are sadly correct – I hadn’t thought about that.
No worries. What do we have so far?
– Nothing-stands-taller-than-liberty-Conservatives say he’s a communist. Check
– Meanwhile, those who moved beyond Conservatism into the asylum, keep up the rant about empty thrones and worshiping the devil. Check.
– The most enlightened heirs of the enlightenment say he’s a freaking dark age bigot after all. Check
– The last of the Marxists, or at least one of them, talks about prayer and going to church, to his own astonishment.
– The Orthodox, minus the henchmen of the Tsar who lost Kiev, begin to embrace him. Check.
No, it proves he doesn’t use a spin doctorl
No, it’s the ball that’s fallible! ha ha (get it? Ball? Fall? Egads, terrible joke, I know :p )