Join Us for An Intensive Zen Meditation Retreat, adapted for non-residential attendance.
Thursday, December 5 through Sunday, December 8
University Unitarian Church, 6556 – 35th Ave NE, Seattle WA 98155
In the Zen tradition, December calls us to steadily intensify practice in daily life, inspired by the Buddha’s awakening together with the world and all beings, upon seeing the morning star on the eighth day of the twelfth month (Rohatsu). The Zen Practice Groups of University Unitarian Church and Woodinville UU Church invite you to join them.
- Spend most of each day in silence and meditation, and go home each night
- Experience chanting, sitting & walking meditation, mindful eating, Dharma Talks
- Have the opportunity for Dokusan (individual meetings) with Myoun Roshi and other teachers
- Learn about Zen Buddhist practice and rituals, witness a Zen Priest ordination ceremony
- Be invited to hear Rev. Ford, a UU Minister as well as a Zen priest, speak at UUC Sunday Services
- Full retreat, $95 – Includes 4 days of meditation and programs, six meals
- 2 Full Days or 3 Half-Days, $70
- 1 Full Day or two Half-Days), $50
- 1 Half-Day, $30
- Other attendance or scholarship – as arranged
- Dana (offering) for teaching is also invited – this will go directly to James Myoun Ford, Roshi.
Please review the links below for additional information. Still have questions? Email Janine Larsen or call (206) 454-7711.
Click below for:
- Printable Retreat Flyer & Schedule (times subject to change)
- Printable Retreat FAQ (link TBA)
- Sign up to bring groceries & items needed for this retreat (link TBA)
- Information on James Ford and Empty Moon Zen Network
- Information on Janine Larsen
- Bright Cloud Zen Meditation & Study Group at UUC