Yesterday I wrote about meeting life’s small thorns with grace in the pursuit of virtue.
So naturally, my day so far has included:
- My oldest son waking up several hours before the rest of us were ready to get up, and forgetting how to turn off his alarm clock, to his brother and mother and sister’s shared chagrin.
- Tired, cranky arguments over the course of the morning.
- Running out of pancakes at breakfast before everyone was full.
- A child and his bicycle getting stuck axle-deep in mud and needing to be extracted, delaying our Saturday library visit while I took him home to be hosed off.
- Being stuck at the library well past lunchtime because it began pouring rain outside and my children had all insisted on light spring jackets or sweaters today.
- And, to top it off, a child tripping and acquiring an impressive forehead goose-egg on the way OUT of the library.
If I were holier, I’d thank God for all the opportunities to practice what I preach and offer up life’s trials in a spirit of patience, modelling His love to my children. As I know myself to have a long way still to go…well.
Pray for me, and I’ll pray for you, OK?
Image credit: By Shanujacob [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons