It’s been a while since I hit publish on a blog post. I’ve heard that blogging is dead, but that’s not why I’ve been avoiding logging in to WordPress lately. After all, I’m a Christian and we’re supposed to be a Resurrection People, right? I mean, at the very least, I enjoy a good zombie film.
Anyway, regardless of whether or not blogging is, in fact, dead, I plan on jumping back into the blogging world this week. I have some exciting projects planned that I hope you will stick around for (if you can stand the smell of blogging’s decaying flesh for that long).
So why was I gone? I feel like I need to make a few excuses:
- I was working two jobs–my full time fast food job, as well as another part time job– for a few months, in addition to trying to keep up with this blog. BUT I now have a new, slightly higher paying job that allowed me to quit both of my old ones.
- I was applying to SEMINARY. Applying to seminary apparently is a lot of work, and requires asking for lots of letters of recommendation and writing essays. I’ve seen the need lately for more Christian leaders who center survivors in their communities and in their theologies, and I felt a call to try to “be the change” I wanted to see. I will keep you updated on this, but anyway, my application materials have all been submitted, which gives me much more free time.
And what do I have planned for 2015, here at Sarah Over The Moon?
- So I went to the Creation Museum and I need to tell you about it: That’s right. A few weeks ago, my spouse and I took a spontaneous weekend mini-vacation to Kentucky to visit the Creation Museum. Some folks even donated money to make that trip possible, and so I owe y’all to write a few posts and share a few pictures from my trip (and, if you donated and I still owe you a reward for that, know that I have those rewards for you and will send them out very soon and I am terribly sorry for procrastinating so much)
- Also, I interviewed my pastor about Christianity and creationism vs. evolution, and I guess I should share that interview: I’m sure my pastor is probably wondering when I’m actually going to talk about the interview I gave him back in like October or November. Hi, Pastor Julian, if you’re reading this, the answer is soon. There are lots of smart things in that interview, and I can’t wait to share it with you all.
- MOAR LIBERATING LITURGIES: I loved the Liberating Liturgies series that was going on back before life just got too busy and I had to take a break from blogging. I will be picking that up again, and I invite you all to keep submitting guest posts!
This obviously isn’t all I’ve got planned for 2015, so stick around. Blogging may be dead, but I’m still excited to start sharing my writing with you again. Any topics you’d like me to cover this year? Leave your thoughts, ideas, and questions in the comments section!