As news floods in about the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, I want to offer a small reflection on her life and impact as one of the last great world leaders of the 20th century. The great span of time of Queen Elizabeth’s life is staggering. Below shows just how special she was.
The Life of Queen Elizabeth
- She served as a mechanic during World War II.
- Ascended the throne at the age of 25 years old.
- Her first prime minster was Winston Churchill.
- Joseph Stalin controlled the USSR when she became queen.
- Harry S. Truman was president of the United States.
- Her coronation in 1953 was the first ever televised.
- 14 US presidents (Truman to Biden) have sat in the Oval Office.
- Her marriage to Prince Philip lasted an astounding 73 years.
- She was the 2nd longest reigning monarch at 70 years 214 days. (The 1st was Louis XIV at 72 years 110 days).
Moreover, much more can be written about this extraordinary woman. I pray God grant her peace after a long life of public service. To close, let’s pause and reflect on words to her people in 1947 on her 21st birthday.
I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.
Cheers to a long life of devotion to her people!
God save the queen!
Like what you read? Please check out my other writing here. Furthermore, please read. Moreover, thanks!