Voices Of Hope
It has been a rough start to 2020. Bad news is all around us, lockdowns, and with public Masses being suspended we are all looking for hope. We are looking for those tidbits of precious good news to take our minds off of all the negativity. Voices of hope is what many are searching for. One way to do that is to look to the lives of the saints.
Many, if not all, of the saints experienced their share of hardship. They followed Jesus through what seemed like the most impossible of circumstances. We can look to these brothers and sisters who have moved on to their eternal reward for a source of hope. Their example of looking to Christ is a source of inspiration for us all. Their voice echoes to us today.
15 Quotes From Saints
1. A scrap of knowledge about sublime things is worth more than any amount about trivialities. –St. Thomas Aquinas
2. Charity and devotion differ no more, the one from the other, than the flame from the fire. –St. Francis de Sales
3. Our hearts were made for You, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you.-St. Augustine
4. Who except God can give you peace? Has the world ever been able to satisfy the heart? -Saint Gerard Majella
5. This, in short, is the difference between us and others who know not God, that in misfortune they complain and murmur, while the adversity does not call us away from the truth of virtue and faith, but strengthens us by its suffering. –St. Cyprian
6. For Faith is the beginning and the end is love, and God is the two of them brought into unity. After these comes whatever else makes up a Christian gentleman. –St. Ignatius of Antioch
7. Faith means battles; if there are no contests, it is because there are none who desire to contend. –St. Ambrose
8. If God sends you many sufferings it is a sign that He has great plans for you, and certainly wants to make you a saint.- St. Ignatius of Loyola
9. Nothing great is ever achieved without enduring much.- St. Catherine of Siena
10. Love God, serve God; everything is in that.-St. Clare of Assisi
11. All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.-St. Francis of Assisi
12. Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.-St. Mother Teresa
13. Pray, Hope, and Don’t Worry- Padre Pio
14. The nation doesn’t simply need what we have. It needs what we are.-St. Teresa Benedicta
15. If you are what you should be, you will set the whole world ablaze!-St. Catherine of Siena
Be The Light
The quotations given cover a wide range of emotion. They may come across differently to different people. This year has challenged us in a way that many, if not all, of us have never experienced. Our faith has been challenged, our sanity, and definitely our emotions. The saints mentioned all went through incredible trials in their lives. Some were martyred, slandered, or imprisoned. Their faith and inspirational voices speak through the ages to give us encouragement today. Stay vigilant, keep the faith, and love your neighbor. Even when it is hard.
You are loved.
All images courtesy of Pixabay.