Are you in seminary? Starting grad school this fall? If so, here are some hints to make your professors more happier as they grade your papers:
- Avoid the subjunctive mood.
- Avoid the passive voice.
- Don’t use “scare quotes.”
- Punctuation goes inside of quote marks. See above.
- Book titles are italicized, not underlined or in quote marks.
- Always use a serif font.
- Always use the Oxford Comma.
- Only a single space between sentences. Unless you’re using a typewriter. Which you aren’t.
- Don’t capitalize words that are not proper nouns.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. 🙂