Many people realize that tarot is primarily used for divination. Through it we can find out about what may be hidden or unknown to us, and also find out what the future may hold. Ways to use Tarot as a Transformational Tool
- Tarot can be used a a tool for meditation. You can meditate on a card you are getting repeatedly in your readings, or on one you choose to focus on as a quality you wish to see in your life. Use your best meditation practices- this could involve sitting quietly with the card, lighting a candle or some incense, and deeply exploring the meaning and imagery of your favorite deck.
- Dreams can be full of messages and inspiration themselves. However sometimes their meaning can be hard to decipher. Tarot can help you explore these symbols, either through a reading about especially meaningful dreams, or by using the symbols in the cards and seeing how they may correspond to some of the recurring elements in your dreams.
- Journaling and Magickal record keeping can also help your understanding or the cards and of yourself. You can use the cards as a journal prompt, and/or also keep records of your readings. It’s a great practice to develop and you will thank yourself later down the road.
- Ancestral veneration is experiencing a renaissance and it’s high time it did. Frequently clients come to me for readings to discover the messages and lessons from their ancestors that may have been lost. Most people are only familiar with the names and stories of their immediate family, but tarot can help us to unlock so much more. Consider doing a reading about ancestral names and qualities that may be helpful to you.
- Part of divination, and probably life itself, is dependent on telling a story. This is how humans make meaning and how they learn. I’m not just saying this because I’ve written 6 books. There’s a reason we tell stories to our youngsters, and continue to enjoy them throughout our lives. One popular spread for the cards that I have seen is shuffling then laying out the entire major arcana to tell a story about the situation or individual at hand. It isn’t necessarily the best choice for every situation, but if you aren’t used to this spread I suggest you try it once or twice, just to help get a better understanding of the relationship between the forces of the universe.
This list is just a starting place, there are many more ways to use the tarot to transform your own life, and that of those who come to your for a reading ! For more information on divination and Tarot please check out the other posts here on Voodoo Universe ! If you would like to book a reading you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org ! As always if you have enjoyed what you read here please do us a favor and like, comment, and share !