Over the past few weeks, a discussion has been taking place in the Christian blogosphere. Here’s how it went:
- Christianity Today published a review of Sex and the City.
- Christianity Today got lots of feedback.
- Christianity Today defended their review.
- Ted Slater of Boundless.org (a website of Focus on the Family) accuses Christianity Today of “Relishing Sexual Perversion.”
- Everyone else picks a side.
Other noteworthy links: Jeffery Overstreet posts a long defense of the review. On the Boundless Podcast, Tim Slater discusses the issue. Tim Slater from Boundless clarifies his Open Letter. Jeffery Overstreet responds to Tim Slater’s clarification.
We didn’t really want to pick a side, so we blogged an aside which generated quite a bit of discussion. And today we publish a podcast in which Ben and I… well, we don’t really pick sides.
In this episode, we discuss why Christianity Today was right, why Boundless was wrong, why Christianity Today was wrong, and why Boundless was right. If it all sounds a bit confusing, wait until you hear us try to say it in audible words!
Also, we count down our top 5 guidelines Christians should use when deciding whether to see a film. Combine the two lists, and you’ll never see a film, ever! Guarenteed!