We spend more time worrying than we do just enjoying life and being happy, and maybe there’s a simple reason for that. Maybe it’s because we’re looking for happiness in all the wrong places—like having a lot of money or owning the latest gadgets.
Okay, then, what does make us happy? Writer Vesela Simic shared some of her suggestions:
▪ Don’t be a hermit. Share the joys and sorrows of life with a spouse or a friend.
▪ Remember to say “thank you.” Develop an “attitude of gratitude,” and see if it doesn’t improve the way you look at life.
▪ Work toward a meaningful goal. It’s true; we need a purpose to life.
▪ Live in the present. Don’t dwell on the past; don’t worry about the future. Enjoy the peace of the now with God.
▪ Emphasize the positive. Focus on what’s right instead of on what’s wrong.
▪ Believe in the presence of God. Study after study shows that those who believe in God are happier than those who don’t!
Let the righteous be joyful. (Psalm 68:3)
Jesus, increase my happiness.