Okay, does everyone remember the Bibliotheca project where a guy raised something like 1.5 million dollars to produce an ASV in four volumes with no chapter or verse numbers? I have to confess that it struck me as a trendy Bible for hipsters with too much disposable income and I wasn’t impressed by their selection of the ASV. FYI, there already exists good Bibles with no chapters or verses in the NIV Books of the Bible and Crossway’s ESV Reader’s Bible.
Well, in my spare time on sabbatical, I’ve done my own parody with the Biblica Hipsteria project. Watch the video below and enjoy.
A few things to note:
– Remember our motto: “Transcendence with Trendiness”
– Be warned, I’m dressed up as a hipster.
– Yes, I know I’m not eye-candy, I wish I had Edward Norton as the actor, but enjoy any way.
– If we get enough requests in the comments I might try to make the cover of the Biblica Hipsteria available for those who want one for the NIV or ESV.
– Thanks to Wayne, Daniel, and Belinda at Ridley for help with this.