Okay, I have a free copy of An Anomalous Jew to give away to one of the persons who gets ALL the right answers to the following questions:
1. Paul was born in:
2. Paul dictated Romans to …
3. Paul’s self-description “I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin” comes from:
a. Phil 3:5
b. Rom 11:1
c. Acts 21:39
d. 1 Cor 9:1
4. Which scholar wrote an essay entitled, ““St. Paul – A Good Jew”?
a. Karl Barth
b. Markus Barth
c. Ernst Käsemann
d. Michael Bachmann
5. Complete this quotation from Galatians: “He redeemed us in order that …”
a. we might be partakers of his glory and of the grace that is ours in Christ Jesus
b. we might die to sin and live to righteousness.
c. the blessings of Abraham would fall upon his seed, Israel according to the promise.
d. the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus.
a. E.P. Sanders
b. Richard Hays
c. James Dunn
d. Douglas Moo
7. Complete this quotation from Romans: “For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. Or …”
a. is righteousness to be obtained only for those born under the law?
b. is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too?
c. shall the just boast in their works before God?
d. shall a man boast in his deeds, but not before God, who is forever praised?
8. Who wrote the 2009 volume The Deliverance of God?
a. Mark Nanos
b. Jerry Sumney
c. Pamela Eisenbaum
d. Douglas A. Campbell
9. In 1 Cor 4:17, Paul said that Timothy will remind you of “what I teach everywhere in every church,” which is:
a. justification by faith apart from works of the law.
b. my way of life in Christ Jesus.
c. that every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head.
d. that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.
10. Who said, ““This is what Paul finds wrong with other Jews: that they do not share his revelation in Damascus”?
a. Michael Bird
b. Mark Nanos
c. Lloyd Gaston
d. Paul Achtemeier
Leave your answer in the comments section with the question number and the actual answer, not just the alphabet letter.