Racial Slurs in Anti-Obama Protest at University of Mississippi
A rowdy college-crowd of about 400 gathered to protest the re-election of President Barack Obama. A University statement claimed the crowd used profanity and some racial slurs as rumors of riots spread via social media. No riots occurred, though two were arrested on minor charges.
- The entire article from the Washington Times is here. including the counter protest of 700 in a candlelight vigil Wednesday night.
Because God made all humans in His own image, we question our Creator when we deride someone based on physical characteristics, including the color of our skin. “In Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek” clearly reminds us that Christ’s world is indeed flat when it comes to ethnic distinctions. We should vehemently oppose all such racist evil. We should also acknowledge that this one incident pales in comparison to what was threatened should the President have lost the election.
Judge a man by the content of his character, not the color of his skin. (MLK, Jr.)
Marriage Redefined for First Time in US by State Ballot Wins
Both Maine and Washington passed ballot initiatives on Election Day 2012 that redefined marriage to include unions between two people of the same sex.
- Read the entire Wall Street Journal account here. Key quote: “That will serve as something of a signal to other states who have lost marriage fights before at ballot boxes. You can change those minds.”
- Results from the Washington State ballot here. Key quote: “The tide has turned …. they voted for fairness.”
Biblical TruthMarriage exists as created by God between a man and a woman. It is not open to redefining by any act of his Creation. The Bible is clear that tolerating sin, by any other name, is not fair but wrong. These quotations reinforce that supporters of such initiatives intend to wear down the electorate and win through attrition.
Marriage is indeed about love. But love is the fulfilling of God’s commands. (Rom. 13:10)
53 House Members Demand Answers of Obama and Clinton on Libya Attacks
Rep. Mike Kelly circulated a letter addressed to President Barack Obama and Sec. of State Hillary Clinton. Signed by 53 members of the House of Representatives, the letter sent Nov. 2 requests answers to key questions regarding the tragic events in Libya.
- The CNS News account of the letter.
- Read the 9-page letter itself here which asks many detailed questions including was the President informed of two previous attacks that breached the Benghazi compound, was adequate security in place on 9/11 given the more than 270 recent security incidents in Libya, who is officially responsible for the security assignments, and why did the State Department grant an increase in danger pay for the entire mission in Libya yet deny requests for increased security?
These House members are rightly demanding answers to these questions. It is their duty to provide oversight for the Executive branch on behalf of the people. It is the moral duty of the Executive branch to comply and provide answers as part of submitting to those in authority over them. The more truth the better at this point to keep Benghazigate from dragging on throughout Obama’s second term and crippling his ability to lead abroad.
He who walks with integrity walks securely.