We’re all busy. Here are five practices you can do in 60 seconds or less, although many of them are also lovely if you have a bit more time.
1. Presence: Take three deep breaths. Pay attention to each one as fully as you can.
2. Ground: Think about your feet. Feel them on the ground. (Stand up if you can.) Notice that you are pushing down on the earth, and the earth is pushing back up on you, supporting you.
3. Gratitude: Say thank you to the air or yourself or your gods for something that has gone well.
4. Desire: Make a wish. Big or small, wishes connect us to our desires.
5. Wonder: Focus on one of your senses. Notice something lovely. See how fully you can experience and appreciate it, no matter what else is going on.
Do you have other favorite micro-practices?