Fr. Roderick Burke writes:
Here is another article from Fr. Angelo Geiger for the month of May, the month of Mary.
Keying off the May hymn “Bring Flowers of the Rarest” Fr. Angelo explains how Mary is the answer to fight against the false optimism of the new Paganism.
Here is a bulletized summary:
- Hymn “Bring Flowers of the Rarest”, relation to the liturgy, ambiguity regarding Paganism.
- Pagan Queen of the May personification of spring.
- May as the Month of Mary attempt to Christianize another pagan holiday, to depaganize culture.
- Pagan v. Christian conceptions of femininity and virginity. Why the Christian God is a He. The Pantheism of paganism associates immanent nature of femininity with deity, leading to feminism and the masculine worship of sex.
- Neo-paganism of John Lennon, Matthew Fox, association of free love with creation-centered spirituality, same false optimism.
- Jesuit Father Gerry Blaszczak on Pope Francis’ references to devil’s temptation to a pessimism regarding God’s goodness, to eat the forbidden fruit, grasp at the false optimism that sin is a virtue.
- Mary is the true Queen of all Creation therefore the true Queen of the May who gives the practical example of loyalty that lies between pessimism and optimism.
- St Joseph the worker is the loyal knight of Mary, helping her to defend truth by keeping the Church’s teaching personalized, real.
- It is really about our heart’s desire for salvation and Mary as the Universal Mother, Mediatrix and Coredemptrix is the Answer.
This May let’s give your hearts to Mary.
Sounds good to me!