- God, the creator and sustainer of the universe – Father, Son and Spirit – my redeemer and Lord.
- My wife Kristin – the truest person & and friend I have known – whom I love ardently, fervently, more than any person on earth.
- My boys Nicholas & Lewis – full of love, laughter, passion & play – who have graced my life and transformed a marriage into a family.
- My family who raised me, and my extended family on both sides who have supported and loved me with no strings and allowed me to be myself.
- The church – both those of my past and present, particular and universal – for the heritage, foundation, nurture, and new life I’ve encountered within the body of Christ.
- Theology – the study of all things in their relation to God – because I never feel more alive than when I’m learning something new about my first love.
- Music and Art – reflections of the creativity of the maker – because sometimes art opens a portal into the divine with such instinct and clarity that you cannot help but become caught up.
- My friends who fill my life with companionship and camaraderie, and who offer me the grace of community, respect, love and purpose teaching me about the essential connectedness of all of life.
- The poor who are always with me and to whom I endeavor to offer more and more of my life and resources.
- My enemies – most of whom I’ve never met, many whom I have – but all of whom have taught me more about myself and what is good and true and right, and who have pushed me to look for the good in all situations and people.
10 Things I Love – In Order
July 11, 2008 by 4 Comments