I just had this drawn to my attention on Reddit:
A subreddit for Outside, a free-to-play MMORPG developed by Deity Games and the most popular game, with 7 billion+ active players.
Currently NOT looking for other moderators
Guide to good comments/submissions:
- Remember, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature. It’s a lot more fun to explain something if it isn’t written off as a bug.
- There are no NPCs. Aside from animals, everybody is a “player”.
- The devs are lazy and rarely do much. The game is mostly balanced as it is according to them, therefore they don’t do much aside from “natural” world events.
- The game is mostly run by the players. All in-game items and rules are determined by players, not mods or devs.
- The players are responsible for in-game events. The devs are responsible for “natural” events. So stop begging the devs to add in a new type of car. It’s player-made.
- There are no “in-game moderators”; thereare players with more power than the average player. Police officers, lawyers, politicians and the like are other players. They aren’t technically moderators.
- Terms to avoid: mods, DLC, hacks, glitches, cheats, textures or anything similar
- NO MEMES. Advice animals, or variants thereof, will result in a ban.
- When in doubt, ask yourself, “does my post make this sound like a cheap World of Warcraft/Everquest/UO ripoff?” If yes, it probably shouldn’t be posted.
- Avoid top-level discussion of the game; don’t discuss stuff like in-game settings or options.
- The moderators of this subreddit reserve the right to remove any post for being too far off from these guidelines. This includes submissions that follow the letter of the guidelines, but not the spirit.