1. Don’t let the polls affect your voting. So says no less an authority than Karl Rove. If you initially disagree with him, think about 2000…and 2004…
2. The Henry Center is sponsoring a “Day with Dr. Don” at Mars Hill Church in Seattle, WA on December 8. That’s their title, not ours. He’ll be talking about the Bible’s center, among other important topics. Sounds like a great event.
3. Good strong exhortation on the Resurgence blog to avoid lust and sin with the eyes. Read it and get a good stout reminder to this effect. When can you and I not benefit from such a reminder?
4. Twenty ways to cultivate a culture of counseling in your church from 9Marks. Very helpful stuff.5. Luis Palau, Christians, and a gay mayor are trying to transform Portland, OR. Interesting stuff.
6. Check out the highly stimulating Southern Seminary Christology panel. I found this a most helpful discussion and loved hearing biblical theologian Jim Hamilton’s comments. To me, he is one of the most exciting young scholars around. Visit his excellent blog. I only wish that Russ Moore had been on the panel. (HT: JT)
7. John Piper has just released a thoughtful video on issues relating to the election. I’ve heard that the second video down is especially helpful.
–Have a great weekend, all.