Above is Walden Pond in March, 2010.
Here’s a sesshin talk, wrapping up the study of Dogen’s Instructions for the Cook. Click here (then View and Video once the Webex player gets rolling).
Here’s how I summarize the text:
- Allow yourself to be polished by others through detailed consultation;
- sort rice and sand – sacred and mundane – in the midst of work itself;
- lift a single vegetable and making a golden body; intimately consider the details of your work;
- take full responsibility;
- know the one flavor of zen through the abundance of blessings shared in community with joyful, nurturing and big minds.