|Another ironic sign.|
I wrote a comment on your blog and you didn’t publish it. May I ask why? I didn’t use any curse words or anything. What gives?”
Simple: it was glaringly uncharitable. Here’s a little list for you to consider if you ever posted a comment to this blog and it was never published. Call it my Top Ten reasons why your brilliant comment won’t ever see the light of day on YIMCatholic.
2. Because they do nothing to further the Kingdom of God.
3. Because they show a misanthropic mindset that flys in the face of
“I give you a new commandment: love one another, as I have loved you.”
6. Because they break the Golden Rule and thus suck all of the life out of the combox, therefore becoming an exercise in resuscitation of zombie narcissists. Get over yourself and “love your neighbor as yourself.”
7. Because they show a basic misunderstanding of the reason why Christ came into the world. He didn’t come just to be worshipped, but to save the world from itself. “I came so that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” He has left this mission in our admittedly flawed hands. Amazing, isn’t it?
8. Because if you can’t make your point without resorting to mind reading skills you don’t have, and tearing down the other person, then your position is very weak and cannot stand on its own merits. Therefore it ain’t worth readin’!
9. Because in my charity for you, I won’t allow you to look like an uncharitable lout. Call me crazy.
10. Because life is too short.
Update: Father Barron of Word on Fire on St. Thomas Aquinas, and ad hominem attacks today vs. the intellectual tradition of the Church,