This is both real and tongue in cheek –because I know, there’s never an age when we don’t need Mom. My mom is here, and I’m fifty-five. I need her. (Thanks Mom!)
10) Be gentle, be gentle, be gentle with each other.
9) See the task, be the task. (This includes emptying trash, rodeoing the laundry, clearing out the dishwasher and yes, washing the pots and pans). Also, no shutting your eyes to not see the task.
8) Most fights can be solved by this formula: kind words, an offer to help and a mutually shared snack. Trust me, I know.
7) Eight continuous hours of sleep a night won’t kill you.
6) Getting up before ten a.m. won’t either.
5) Every day, read, go outside, play with someone else, and phone a friend.
4) Hair brushing, getting dressed, teeth brushing and showers…not optional.
3) Do not begin a major restructuring of the house project –this includes painting, purging, relocating.
2) Help your dad. This is hard on him too.
1) Obey rule #10 always.
Love you all, be home soon.