I am constantly amazed at the fact that when I am in the beauty of the outside how very close to Jesus I feel. He woos me, courts me, and wins me over every time as I ponder Him while walking. In the beauty of His holiness, in the presence of His creation He meets me there. His splendor is always there when I open my heart to His presence.
- The first way to really know Him is in the beauty of your surroundings…notice it, ponder it, lean into it. He is speaking. The key is to be aware. Think on Him. Invite Him there. Talk to Him. He longs for relationship with you and is waiting.
- Knowing Him is not pledging ourselves to religious service. We can talk about Him, teach about Him, even tell others about Him, but have no intimacy with Him ourselves. We must learn to yield to our Groom’s gracious embrace.
- The second way to really know Him is to yield to Him. We (the church) are the Bride and He is the Bridegroom. We have to learn to welcome His entrance into our presence the same way a bride welcomes the man she is in love with. True intimacy means we warmly, beautifully, vulnerably receive our Lord’s presence.
- A bride can’t hide herself and still be known by her husband. To unite with Him she has to give of herself. In the same way we have to be totally committed to make Him our priority.
- The third way to really know Him is to make Him your constant priority. If you do this you will find His constant presence in your life a tangible thing.
- The fourth thing we must do to walk in His presence is to have an unguarded trusting abandon to only Him.
Holy, intimate encounters with Jesus is not for those who are only seeking signs and wonders from Him like the men who wanted to follow Him in the gospels but only because He had just fed 5000 people. He knew their hearts. He said it is a wicked generation that seeks signs and wonders but are not committed to only Him in their hearts. They had it all backwards. If He is our only priority and we follow Him with a whole heart, then signs and wonders will follow US!! We won’t have to go looking for them.
- Intimacy requires commitment, which is the fifth way to stay in His presence.
- Commitment is to not allow anything else to get in the way of your devotion to Him. This is not a religious activity.
- Express the passion of your love and listen to his heartbeat. Don’t be scared to give all of yourself to Him. Lift the veil of your heart. Let Him in to enclose you in His presence. He wants to be known.
For more encouraging and engaging podcasts and videos, visit the E-Squared Media Network at www.e2medianetwork.com