“Jennifer” came to me for coaching… a broken person, chained to a very unhealthy relationship, unable to break free; trying to make peace with her abusive childhood and years of abuse to follow–in a place she thought she would never be free of, and miserable inside.
I discerned right away her servant’s heart and her desire to reach out to others that were hurting or needing to know that someone cares.
- You see, God used her past to equip Jennifer to have a heart of not only empathy, but also true compassion towards a very broken world, and He led her to seek deliverance from her past. Her loyalty, dedication, and obedience were so evident for all to see.
- After a few months of coaching, Jennifer found the courage to walk out of her pain, break all ties with a very controlling and consuming relationship that was toxic to her, and begin her process of healing. She saw her value in the Kingdom of God and became eager to get on with it. It was amazing to watch!
- Her potential was evident from the beginning and to get to witness her freedom break forth first hand is a privilege I never grow tired of.
What a joy to watch this woman of such faith and heart truly share the real essence of Jesus wherever she goes. This week I received the following message from her that I share with her permission. When asked if she minded if I shared her journey with thousands, this was her response:
“Well, to me it is important to keep you posted since YOU had such a big part in my healing process. I wouldn’t be where I am at this point if it wasn’t for all those sessions. And yes, I’m proud of what I’m able to work on at this point and am happy to let you share with others. It’s those stories that help the lost ones to see there is a light if they just open their hearts and mind to it!”
So here is her report. For the record this was written while she was recovering from a knee replacement and eager to get on with her business in the “ministry.”
“Good morning, thought about you when I was making my weekly to do list.
I wanted to share all the serving opportunities that came my way the last couple of months!
I’m waiting on my first assignment from Hospice and Mary and I are involved in a couple of special events at the church. We’ll be part of an Easter egg hunt at our church as well, and we are helping to feed the homeless at a shelter in the city. This is a great time for the two of us to spend some time together!
I’m also helping at the food basket and hope we get a chance to feed the homeless here with a hot meal if I can get enough interest. As soon as I can I’m going to check with the Chamber to see what is available and find out if there are others in the community who want help.
I had a lot of time to pray for guidance and different opportunities just presented themselves, all in His timing I’m sure!
Thank you again for helping me out of my hurt and confusion, I’m happy to be part of the world around me! I forgot the most exciting part cause the dog started digging out of the yard while I was E-mailing you… A few days ago one of my friends from the old church put a request on her Facebook page. She started a ministry to go visit and pray with women in jail at the prison nearby. Well I guess they also write them and I signed up to be a pen pal for a young lady who just accepted Jesus as her savior! The girls got me some stationary a while back and now I can put it to good use!”
Jennifer is finding her completeness in just stepping out and praying for Jesus to allow her to see the opportunities and she grabs them up.
- The opportunities are endless, friends!The more the world seems to be going crazy the more the church needs to get free of the strongholds that bind them and start looking for those opportunities to be His arms extended!!
- What a privilege to help others know the love of the Father. Someone once said, “People who are loved well, love well”. And you can help those around you right now in whatever life you’re already in.
- Most true ministry is performed person-to-person in our spare time among friends, family, work contacts or people we know. I believe it is best if we don’t try to make it vocational and try to create the opportunity for ourselves…true ministry is not where you have to quit your day job or leave your kids and husband to go out to a mission field…(though some may be called there). But most true ministry is right where you have been planted.
I’ve known many people who grow unsettled in their jobs or their motherhood and think that it is God leading them into “full time” ministry. Away from the ministry field of their family standing right in front of them. This, though, is often laced with a personal need to find fulfillment and feel significant in his kingdom. And they sometimes DO quit their job and jump into a ministry and then struggle financially trying to figure out a way to do it and pay the bills.
Some people will try to raise support from their friends, or create some kind of product to sell to others, hoping it will finance their dreams. It rarely does. Instead of serving others, they will spend significant time getting others to serve their vision.
A friend once said, “Sharing the life of his kingdom is a way of living first, not a vocation.”
- When the opportunity is there, so will the resources be.
What is on your heart today to do for the Kingdom? Pray for the Lord to open doors for you and then pray you will be alert and willing when He does. Don’t think He won’t answer. He is looking for those he can use in a lost and dying world. If YOU are broken then find the ministry from someone you trust to help you heal first. Start your journey today!
- If my friend Jennifer can do the work it takes to find her healing and be so thrilled to serve when she has spent so many years suffering and holding her head above water, then you and I can do it too. He is not a respecter of persons!!
Be encouraged, my friend. Jesus is not done with you yet!