I am double-y excited today to have my friend Tricia Goyer back on the podcast! As many of you know, Tricia and I wrote a book together—Homeschool Basics. It will officially be launching in January, but it is available now at kristiclover.com/homeschoolbasics and on Amazon.
What if You Actually Do What the Bible Says? with Tricia Goyer
Tricia and I have been getting to know each other over the two years that we wrote Homeschool Basics. It’s been such a joy to get to know her and her sweet family. I had the opportunity to stay with Tricia back in March, and it was so much fun! I got to meet her family, her grandma who lives with them, her husband, and many of her church friends. Can I just tell you that this woman really walks it out—which is the name of her new book! I’m so excited for this book I can’t even tell you. You have probably seen a lot about Walk it Out either on social media or on other podcasts, but I tell you this is the book that when I met Tricia I wanted her to write. And if you’re new to the podcast, make sure that you check out episode number two where I ask Tricia so many questions about how she’s walking it out and keeping God’s word in her life.
Since I know this woman, we really get into the nitty-gritty in this interview. I just know you are going to love this episode. It’s all about how God doesn’t want us to just be hearers of the Word, but He wants us to be doers of the Word.
I cannot wait for you to hear this episode!
Little extracurricular activities is just one of the many ways @TriciaGoyer simplifies her life. Hear more on #SJP! (CLICK TO TWEET)
On a “Simply” & “Joyful” side note…
You guys are in for a treat! Tricia gives so much good advice on simplifying your life. One thing she said that is really simplifying their life is, she and her husband don’t allow their kids to do too many extracurricular activities. Another is that she simplifies her homeschool by using the crate system in my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course—what an honor!
Highlights from This Show…
- Tricia introduces her family—married to John for twenty-six years, ten kids—youngest being seven and the oldest is twenty-eight, and her grandmother who lives with them.
- Walk it Outis Tricia’s 70th book! She talks about her many, many books and where you can find some of them.
- Tricia shares why Walk it Outis so much different than her other books, and why it is close to her heart.
If we’re going to walk out God’s word and do what He says, it’s going to take us to some hard places.
- Tricia shares a little about her story as a teen mom and how she and her husband met.
- Tricia gives encouragement to people to fight the battle of fear and truly walk it out.
Once I started sharing my story, people starting opening up to me about their shame and heartache.
- I ask Tricia to share what finally made her decide to write this book.
When you’re in the middle of life, you don’t always see what God is doing. —Tricia Goyer
What does He have for me today? — Kristi Clover
- Tricia shares how as she has been walking it out, how her family and children have grown.
When they see me taking steps of faith, I am modeling how to take steps of faith. — Tricia Goyer
- Tricia tells about how her daughter Leslie stepped out on faith and didn’t do any fundraising for a mission trip so God could show up—and He showed up big time.
- We chat a little about Homeschool Basics.
Serving other people will train our kids in ways we can’t imagine. —Tricia Goyer
- I ask Tricia to share some ways to protect your kids while you are serving, and not just keeping them in a bubble.
- Tricia shares a little about her inner city church, Mosaic Church in Little Rock, AR.
- We chat about racism and prejudices.
It’s not just an issue anymore, it’s about my friends. —Tricia Goyer
We all love Jesus, but we have different skin tones. —Tricia Goyer
- Tricia shares how God is calling her now to walk it out.
It’s the daily things—being kind, being gentle, being loving—the little things that are the daily steps of faith.
- Tricia shares about the different seasons in her life and how it may seem like she’s “doing-it-all”, it has more to do with what season she is currently in.
Organization and neat/perfect are not the same thing.—Kristi Clover
- Be sure to grab your FREE copy of my book, Sanity Savers for Moms, by joining our Simply Joyful community. It’s a great way to keep in touch…and get subscriber only freebies like my book. Click HERE to get the book and join!
Connect with Tricia…
Tricia Goyer is a busy mom of ten, grandmother of two, and wife to John. Somewhere around the hustle and bustle of family life, she manages to find the time to write fictional tales delighting and entertaining readers and non-fiction titles offering encouragement and hope. Her most recent book is Walk It Out: The Radical Result Of Living God’s Word One Step at a Time. In addition to her roles as mom, wife and author, Tricia volunteers around her community and mentors teen moms. She is the founder of Hope Pregnancy Ministries in Northwestern Montana, and she currently leads a Teen MOPS Group in Little Rock, AR.
Thank you, Rend Collective for allowing me to use your incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength”! This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
(This podcast is by Kristi Clover. Discovered by Christian Podcast Central and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Christian Podcast Central, and audio is streamed directly from their servers.)