The Importance of Leaning on God to Become MomStrong
I always love the opportunity to talk with Heidi St. John. She is so encouraging and inspirational…and downright funny! She has a knack for helping moms to see that the messiness of motherhood is NORMAL! We’re not alone. Sometimes we forget to find the humor in the hard days.
I’m really excited about Heidi’s new book, Becoming Mom Strong: How to Fight with All That’s in You for Your Family and Your Faith! This book is not only laced with her humor and wit, but the stories she shares are so real. I laughed my way through this book—because it’s real life. Mom life is often filled with so many hilarious moments. (If you can’t laugh at it, you’ll just end up crying in the corner).
It is crazy to think about what our kids are going up against these days in this culture. Heidi’s new book is a challenge to moms to rise up and be strong their faith — to be strong in their example to their kids and embrace motherhood.
I can’t wait to have you listen in to my conversation with Heidi.
On a “Simply” & “Joyful” side note…
Get ready for a great interview — get your own Simply Joyful Podcast mug HERE!
Highlights from This Show…
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” or share the images below on social media.
- Heidi shares about how it was just an accident starting The Busy Mom Blog and how it turned into a book.
- Jay and Heidi started an amazing ministry, called Firmly Planted Family.
- Originally, Heidi’s blog and writing had been primarily for homeschool moms. Over the years, she’s transitioned to encouraging all moms. She talks more about this on the show.
- MomStrong International is the new Bible study focused ministry that has sprung up from Heidi’s new book. It was so exciting to hear about how widespread it already is. Be sure to check it out in your area.
- #MomFail — Heidi and I talk about the common tendency we have as moms to label ourselves as bad moms. We beat ourselves up too often and constantly feel like we’re failing.
- The heart of MomStrong is that moms need a special kind of strength. Heidi digs a little deeper into what the meaning behind this is.
- Jeremiah 17:8 is a favorite passage of mine and Heidi. It’s all about how our fruitfulness and blessings starts by being intentional to trust the Lord and be in His Word (His Living Water).
- I’d heard Heidi talk about how she feels we are living in a biblically illiterate generation, and I asked her to share what she meant by this — and how we can combat it.
- Heidi shares her “battle plan” on how to not become a weakened warrior and to not live in fear.
- We don’t have to be perfect parents. Our goal should not be to become a “pedestal parent.”
- I wanted to make sure you had the links to my last interview with Heidi, which I broke into two parts: Episodes six and seven.
- Be sure to grab your FREE copy of my book, Sanity Savers for Moms, by joining our Simply Joyful community. It’s a great way to keep in touch…and get subscriber only freebies like my book. Click HERE to get the book and join!
Connect with Heidi St John…
Heidi St John is a mother, a grandmother, and a wife of 25 years. She is a popular conference speaker, radio personality, author and blogger whose message of returning to God’s Word and embracing our ministry as mothers has resonated with several hundred thousand followers in social media, through books, and radio appearances. Her refreshingly transparent, vulnerable style allows her readers to identify with her and invites them to join as fellow pilgrims on a journey rather than idolizing the author as someone who has “arrived”. Her calendar regularly has her speaking across the United States over twenty times in front of audiences as large as 20,000. Heidi lives in Battle Ground, Washington with her husband and five of their seven children ranging from age kindergarten to adulthood. When she’s not writing, traveling or speaking she loves to spend time with her grandchildren.
Thank you, Rend Collective for allowing me to use your incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength”! This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
(This podcast is by Kristi Clover. Discovered by Christian Podcast Central and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Christian Podcast Central, and audio is streamed directly from their servers.)