Thomas Epenesa, Classical Academy HS Football Coach
The Humble and Inspiring Coach Shares How God Continues to Lead On and Off the Gridiron
Host Marlon Gardinera sits down with Classical Academy’s Defensive Coordinator, and talks about how faith and sports continuously collide throughout his life as an athlete, coach and mentor.
How faith and sports have collided in Coach Thomas’ life:
- Thomas views football as his ministry, using what God has given him to reveal God’s glory and love for us all.
- Thomas uses his gift of coaching to serve others and to reflect God’s unconditional love.
- A product of Rancho Bernardo High School, Thomas went on to play collegiate ball in the midwest and quickly learned the value of learning to be comfortable within “uncomfortablility”.
- Even while still in high school, Thomas learned the importance of remaining connected to a group of people who live for Jesus… especially when his football career was cut short by injuries.
- Thomas began to question God’s plans and why a loving God would allow him to endure so much injury and loss of dreams.
- But, God was great and revealed to Thomas that there is so much more in live than busting through offensive lines.
- Thomas also is a business owner at WayALife Athletics.
- Whether it’s in the gym, on the gridiron or at home, Thomas pours himself into other people constantly.
Coach Thomas’ Favorite Scripture:
In His grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. (Romans 12:6)
Be sure to subscribe to The Yard’s YouTube channel so that you don’t miss a moment of our shenanigans both in front of and behind the scenes!
You can also find more encouraging words from other Yard teammates here!