Glad to say that The New Testament in its World: An Introduction to the History, Literature, and Theology of the First Christians releases in November, available in hardback and from Logos. There is an amazing pre-order bonus!!!
FREE when you pre-order the book from any retailer:
- A Short Guide to Writing & Research: An Interview with N. T. Wright and Michael F. Bird (PDF + video)
- A Study Guide for The New Testament in Its World (PDF)
If you sign up for email news, you’ll get the free download “At Home in the New Testament,” N. T. Wright’s brief guided tour of five powerful books in the New Testament. (PDF + video)!
Did I say FREE? Yes I did!
What to expect in the book:
- Learn how—and why—to read the New Testament as history, literature, and theology.
- Understand the forces that shaped early Christianity: the history, culture, and religion of Second Temple Judaism and the Greco-Roman world.
- Make sense of what Jesus and the first Christians believed about God and the world.
- Grasp each New Testament book’s significance, origins, key teachings, and implications for life today.
- Explore a rich theological account of Jesus’ work, death, and resurrection; Paul’s teaching; and the mission of God.
- Investigate how the New Testament came about, and how you can glean more insight from its gospels, letters, and other genres.
- Gain a dynamic introduction to N.T. Wright’s life work, with input from scholar Michael F. Bird.
- Discern the living story of the New Testament, and find your own role in it.
But wait, there’s more! There is also a workbook for instructors and students (and I managed to smuggle a few great jokes passed the Zondervan editors!) and a forthcoming college-level lecture DVD series that will also be available in audible.
We have our own website called NewTestamentWorld.com which gives you all the info plus the details of our book tour in the USA in November.
The video below gives you a preview of the seminary-level DVD.