You can now order through Logos a 2 hrs course I recorded on The Identity of Jesus.
This course evaluates the testimony of each of the Gospel writers and the apostle Paul to discover who the New Testament authors believed Jesus to be. Attention is given to the testimony of Jesus himself to see how he understood his own identity. You will have the opportunity to look at Jesus through historical, religious, and personal lenses as you reflect on your own response to Jesus’s question, “Who do you say that I am?”
Unit 1: The Historical Jesus
- Jesus and the Kingdom
- What Did Jesus Think of Himself?
- Did Jesus Think He Was God?
Unit 2: The Gospels
- The Gospel of Mark: An Apology for the Crucified Messiah
- The Gospel of Matthew: The Davidic Messiah
- The Gospel of Luke: The Prophetic Messiah
- The Gospel of John: The Elusive Messiah
Unit 3: The Apostle Paul
- Paul’s Divine Christology: Part 1
- Paul’s Divine Christology: Part 2
- Concluding Remarks on Paul
- From Nazareth to Nicaea