Did you get something for Christmas that didn’t fit or that you just don’t like at all? Before you get stuck in the return line for hours only to learn about the store return policy when it’s too late, take a look at the most important points from these stores’ return policies. It’ll save you time and help you to go through that checkout line much faster.
Wal Mart Return Policy
- Most items can be exchanged or refunded with a receipt within 90 days of purchase.
- 3 No receipt returns are allowed in a 45 day period.
- Cash refunds, gift cards and even exchanges of products are allowed.
- Some departments like electronics, home and garden, and home improvement have shorter return windows of 15-30 days.
- Some items cannot be returned, including but not limited to: funeral products, music downloads, and diabetic supplies.
Wal Mart Holiday Return Policy
Gifts purchased between November 1 and December 24 will be eligible for the 90 day return policy with the ‘clock’ beginning on December 26.
- 15 Day return items can be returned through January 10, 2012
- 30 Day return items can be returned through January 25, 2012
Best Buy Return Policy
- 14 Day return policy for computers, monitors, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, iPads, tablets and radar decectors.
- 30 day return policy for everything else.
- Original receipt and photo ID required.
- Refund will generally be in the same format as payment.
Best Buy Holiday Return Policy
Gifts purchased between November 13 and December 24 can be returned through January 24, 2012.
Best Buy also allows Reward Zone Premier Silver members to return gifts through February 7, 2012.
Walgreens Return Policy
- Walgreens allows all products to be returned within a 30 days of purchase for exchange or refund.
- Full refunds are provided by original payment method when you present the original receipt.
- If you do not have the original receipt, items can be returned at the lowest advertised price and your refund will be given as store credit on a W card.
- Photo ID is required for a refund.
Walgreens Holiday Return Policy
Returns for gifts purchased from November 20 through December 25 will be accepted through January 31, 2012 but must include the original receipt.
Target Return Policy
- Most items can be returned within 90 days of purchase.
- Some items have a 45 day return window. These include but are not limited to: computer equipment, cameras, camcorders, gift cards, tablets, eReaders, prepaid cell phones.
- Most items purchased on Target.com can be returned in a store. Check your invoice and bring it to the store along with the credit card used to purchase it.
Kohls Return Policy
- With the original receipt, items can be fully returned or refunded.
- No timeframe is given to return items.
- Even exchanges of items or Kohls gift cards will are allowed if you do not have the original receipt.
Home Depot Return Policy
- Returns within 90 days of purchase will be exchanged, refunded with cash, or credited to your card as long as you have a valid receipt.
- Specialty items like gasoline-powered equipment have a 30 day return window.
- Returns are not allowed on tinted paint, utility trailers, or gift cards.
- Items purchased online may be returned to the Home Depot nearest you.
Lowes Return Policy
- Most items can be returned within 90 days of purchase with original receipt.
- No receipt will be required if you provide the original credit card that was used to purchase the item. If you paid for the item with cash or check, no receipt is required if you provided a phone number at time of purchase.
- Outdoor power equipment and major appliances will be accepted for return or exchange within 30 days of purchase with the original receipt.
- Shipping charges are not refundable.
Sears Return Policy
- Most items can be returned within 90 days with original receipt.
- Products including but not limited to: home electronics, mattresses, air conditioners, gas powered equipment, jewelry and watches will have a 30 day window for refund or exchange.
- Returns in 5 policy: if you start your return online, you can finish it in the store in 5 minutes or less. If it takes longer than 5 minutes in the store, you’ll get a $5 coupon for your next in-store purchase.
- Craftsman hand tools can be returned to Sears for replacement or free repair at any time without receipt.
JCPenney Return Policy
- Most items can be returned within 90 days of purchase when presented with the original receipt or gift receipt.
- If no receipt is provided or the timeframe is beyond 90 days, the product can be refunded in the form of a JCPenney Merchandise Return Voucher (in store credit) at the lowest sales price of the last 30 days.
- Valid photo ID is required for all returns after 90 days of purchase date.
- Fine jewelry must be returned within 60 days.
Toys R Us and Babies R Us Return Policy
- Most items can be returned within 90 days of purchase at Toys R Us with the original receipt.
- A 45 day return window is given on these items: video games – accessories and systems, VHS and DVDs, music, electronics, trading cards, monitors, and breastpumps.
- Refund will be issued in the form of payment presented at time of purchase. (Cash payments will be given a cash refund.)
Did you find this article to be helpful? Be sure to like it on facebook so your friends know about it too!