The American Bible Society has partnered with the Barna polling organization to study trends in the way people read and approach the Bible. The study has identified six trends.
1. Bible skepticism is now “tied” with Bible engagement.
2. Despite the declines, most Americans continue to be “pro-Bible.”
3. Distraction and busyness continue to squeeze out the Bible.
4. The age of screens has come to stay in the Bible market.
5. Increasingly, people come to the Bible for answers or comfort.
6. People are less likely to link moral decline with a lack of Bible reading.
Go here for the details, the numbers, and what each point means.