Are you aiming for world domination? Looking for tips on minions and henchpeople? Need a boost to your moral in a world that just doesn’t appreciate evil the way it should?
Look no further, because I have the book for you!
A Method to the Madness: A Guide to the Super Evil is a collection of papers for aspiring ne’er-do-wells, written by those who have succeeded in the world of evil.
And if you’re not aspiring to a life of evil, you might pick this up to see what the junior high kids down the road are really up to…
On a more serious, less tongue-in-cheek note, I chuckled and howled my way through this book. I mean, see if you don’t grin a bit just looking at these chapter titles:
- Being Evil in Normal Ways, by Dr. Evil-n-Carnate, Frequent Flyer, Grocery Shopper and Overlord of Cubical Block 3257J
- Lairs: A Conversational Tirade on Functionality, by Minion’s Employer
- The Genius of Being Fashionably Evil, by Dr. Markus Mefistofoleez
- The Importance of Date Night to the Married Super Villian, by The Dark Lord
- Public Relations Tactics for Supervillains, by Jack Dickerson
- Human Resources in the Evil Organization, by Dr. Ignatius Duplicitous
If you’re looking for good beach reading, here you go. If you’re ambitious, you might notice themes throughout that are slightly troubling…like, wait a minute, are certain government officials taking this advice?
All too often, I get really stuck in being serious and finding the deeper meanings. It’s not bad to have a fun book like this to fall back on.
Unless, of course, it’s true. 🙂