Celebrating Women’s Equality for Progressive Christian Women
November 19th is Women Entrepreneurs Day
This is a day to celebrate all the female Entrepreneurs around the world. As a female Entrepreneur, I can tell you firsthand, that being a woman entrepreneur is not only empowering, but uplifting. I feel truly blessed to be able to do what I love for a living, which is cook and share all of my wonderful recipes with you, dear reader.
Why is Women Entrepreneurs Day Important
This is important because it sheds light on ways communities can alleviate poverty in over 100 countries.
This day allows us to give credit where credit is due and that is to our women Entrepreneurs of the present and the future.
What Does the Bible Say About Women Working?
Psalm 31 V 13-16 Tells us that a virtuous wife works in and outside of the home. Not only does she work, but she positively contributes to her household by making wise financial decisions. God says it is a virtuous trait for women to work and contribute to their homes as well as communities.
The beauty of living in this day and age is as a woman you have more choices than your foremothers. Whether you choose to become a stay-at-home mother or be a working mother, or no mother at all, that is your choice, and God will still bless you regardless of what decision you make on your life journey with Him.
Dear God continue to instill in us virtuous traits so that we may be able to continue to positively contribute to our households as well as our communities. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Here is a recipe that will surely have the ladies raising their glasses and toasting to their blessed Success, Strawberry Lemonade. *Chef’s Tip- If your religion permits, You may add pink Moscato or champagne. (about 1/4 cup per glass).
Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
- 4 qts fresh Strawberries, hulled
- 4 cups(16 lemons) lemon juice
- 3 qts Water
- 6 cups white sugar
- Ginger ale, Lemon-lime soda, Pink Moscato, or Champagne *your choice
- In a blender, puree the strawberries.
- In a medium saucepan, add the first 5 ingredients.
- Bring to 165F over medium heat, stirring occasionally (DO NOT BOIL)
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off and foam.
- Pour hot into heat-resistant containers leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Adjust caps. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water bath.
- Mix about 1/3 concentrate with 2/3 soda, ginger, or alcohol.
Yields: 6 Quarts