Here’s today’s Overstreet Quiz Question:
Jeffrey Overstreet has nieces and nephews named after which of the following fantasy-novel characters?
- Ender of Orson Scott Card’s Ender’s Game
- Daeneris of George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire
- Phinehas of J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter stories
- Atreides – the family name of the messianic Paul in Frank Herbert’s Dune
- Auralia of Jeffrey’s own novel Auralia’s Colors
And, while this should not influence your answer, note io9’s report that Wolfgang Petersen is no longer working on an adaptation of Ender’s Game. Hmmm… if I recall correctly, Ron Howard, M. Night Shyamalan, and Wolfgang Petersen have all, at one time or another, been connected to this project.
Who would you choose as the ideal director for Ender’s Game?