1. God’s will is that I never give false testimony against anyone.
2. I twist no one’s words.
3. I do not gossip or slander.
4. I do not join in condemning anyone without a hearing or without a just cause.
5. Rather, in court and everywhere else, I should avoid lying and deceit of every kind; these are devices the devil himself uses, and they would call down on me God’s intense anger.
6. I should love the truth.
7. I should speak the truth candidly.
8. I should openly acknowledge the truth.
9. I should do what I can to guard and advance my neighbor’s good name.
Yikes. Count me convicted.
Check out Kevin DeYoung’s whole post, The Ninth Commandment is About Much More Than Lying, at TGC.