Bibliogians and Bibliology

Bibliogians and Bibliology May 16, 2015

Pete Enns wrote a blog post pointing out that, while there is a one word answer to the question “What do you do for a living?” that philosophers, theologians, historians, physicists, and other academics can give, if your field is Biblical studies, there is no equivalent term – you have to say something like “Biblical scholar.”

And so he has coined a new word, and proposes that we be called bibliogians©.

Presumably that makes the field we study bibliology.

What do you think of this proposed terminology? I’m not sure whether he intends for it to seriously catch on, but I think it could. But do you think it should? Why or why not?



Browse Our Archives