This morning, after posting my essay about the Bible and genocide yesterday, I found almost sixty comments waiting for my moderation. (Some came in while I was reading ones already here when I opened my blog messages!) Given my limited time (and patience), please follow these guidelines when commenting:
- Keep your comments relatively brief (no more than 250 words).
- Do not expect your comment to appear here if you misrepresent what I wrote or engage in ad hominem argumentation or wander off topic.
- Remember the purpose of the blog which is dialogue not polemics.
- Don’t expect me to respond to every comment; my limited time simply does not allow it.
- Please don’t ask me to do research for you.
- If you want to argue with another commenter, please take it off my blog. E-mail him or her directly. In most cases you can find his or her e-mail address.
- Know that occasionally Patheos’s discussion program (Disqus) breaks down. This morning a couple message I intended to respond to simply disappeared and I could not find them anywhere. Occasionally Disqus simply stops working. When I get it back some comments have gone away.